Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Vincent Van Gogh Quotes

  • "Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination; do not become the slave of your model."
  • "Happiness... it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort."
    "I experience a period of frightening clarity in those moments when nature is so beautiful. I am no longer sure of myself, and the paintings appear as in a dream."
    "I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day."
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."
  • "Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well."
  • "One must work and dare if one really wants to live."
  • "Painting is a faith, and it imposes the duty to disregard public opinion."
  • "What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?"
  • No comments: